Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Top 5 Books We've Read So Far In 2014

This is for a goodreads group called Top 5 Wednesday, which was created by a lovely booktuber named Lainey, who on YouTube is called GingerReadsLainey.  I normally do these as a video, but instead I am doing it as a blog post this week. :)

So this week's topic is Top 5 Books We've Read So Far In 2014, and these will kind of go in order.

At number 5, we have
I also read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, but Attachments was my first Rainbow Rowell experience and I loved it.  I read it in a day, and practically  in one sitting. Sometimes you just want something cute and adorable and this is all of the cuteness and the adorableness.  I absolutely adored the plot; it felt very original, and it had a lot of character depth in it as well.






At number 4, we have
I really enjoyed this one.  With the pop culture references and puns, it was like the perfect book for me.  I thought it was funny and witty. I absolutely adored the characters.  It was a perfect realistic fiction.  It felt like something that could actually happen to a person in high school.  I whizzed through this one, and I can't wait to read whatever Robyn Schneider writes next.






At number 3, we have
I absolutely adored this book.  This book was recommended to me by many booktubers, and I am so glad I listened to them.  Immediately after I finished this I picked up Lola and the Boy Next Door.  I can't wait for Isla and the Happily Ever After.  I love all of the characters and I love Stephanie Perkins's writing style and how she interweaves her characters into all of her stories.  This is a must read especially if you love contemporary.





At number 2, we have
This was the biggest surprise of the year.  I hadn't heard a lot of people talking about this, and I started reading it the day before BookCon in the hopes that I could finish it before I left because it was rather short, and I couldn't put it down.  I absolutely adored this book.  It was a very true tale of what high school is like with a mental illness.  However the fact that she has a mental illness isn't shoved in your face every couple of pages which I enjoy because sometimes in books where the main character has a mental illness it's solely about that where as this was more of a  finding yourself kind of story, and I ADORED it.  I would highly recommend it.



At number 1, we have
This was one of those books that came highly recommended to me, and I really enjoyed it.  While I didn't understand all of the '80's references, I did understand all of the video game references.  It was just so action packed and I couldn't put it down.  It is an amazing read if you like video games or '80's pop culture or action.  Basically I highly recommend it and you should go pick it up!






So that was my Top 5 Wednesday. Tell me about your top 5 favorite books so far in 2014. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment